SRJC employees have multiple leave allocations that may be available for their own illness/injury due to COVID-19, including, but not limited to:
- Education Code-granted sick leave
- Paid Sick Leave pursuant to the Healthy Workplace, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (Applicable to Short-Term, Non-Continuing (STNC), Professional Expert, and Student Employees)
- Accrued vacation leave
- Personal Necessity Leave
- Family Medical Leave Act/California Family Rights Act Leave
- Extended Illness Leave
- Compensatory time
- Board-granted leave of absence
- Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If an employee is not a remote worker and has worked at an SRJC location or worksite, believes they may have contracted a COVID-19 related illness because of their employment at SRJC, and it is determined the COVID-19-related illness arose out of and in the course of employment, they may be entitled to industrial accident leave benefits and other workers’ compensation disability benefits related to their illness. For additional information regarding workers’ compensation leave benefits, please contact Robin McHale.
For additional information or questions related to COVID-19 related leave of absence not related to workers’ compensation, please contact Linda Jay.
More information regarding employee benefits because of COVID-19 can be found in the following District policies:
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s Policy (2.7) and Procedure (2.7P) Unlawful Discrimination and Sexual Harassment.
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s Policy (4.20) and Procedure (4.20P), Reasonable Accommodation for Employees
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s (Policy 4.8), Leaves of Absence, (Section VIII).
It is an unlawful employment practice to discriminate against an employee because of a disability, including COVID-19, or to retaliate against a person who is seeking protection under state or federal law related to a disability. If you believe you have been discriminated against or retaliated against due to contracting COVID-19, please contact Gene Durand.